1. All reservations are subject to Virginia sales tax of 5.3% and a 7% Bedford County or 5% Franklin County accommodation tax. Taxes are subject to change without notice, and any increases in taxes will be added to the rental amount. Cleaning, Reservation Fee, Taxes, a $65.00 Non-Refundable Limited Damage Waiver (or $300 Refundable Security Deposit), and Linens will be added to the rental amount when calculating the total amount due. Other added fees may include Pet Fees and Hot Tub Service Charge if applicable.
2. The leaseholder must be 25 years of age or older, and must occupy the property for the duration of the lease. Non-chaperoned groups are not allowed. A valid picture 10 may be requested upon check-in. Should a group misrepresent themselves, they will be evicted immediately without refund.
3. Once a reservation is made and payment is processed, it becomes legal and binding. The contract is then sUbject to our cancellation policy.
4. Advance Reservations for the next year can be made with a Non Refundable $100 deposit. Please note that changes to rental rates, fees, amenities, and availability may occur up through the end of the current calendar year
1. The maximum number of persons allowed in the vacation home is listed at the bottom of this agreement. Occupancy is determined by county mandated regulations. Children are counted in total occupancy unless they are age two (2) or under. Occupancy represents the total number of people allowed to occupy the property at all times. Any party exceeding this number of occupants may cause eviction without refund of any monies paid. Parties and Events are not allowed.
2. All occupants shall comply with all statutes, ordinances and requirements of all municipal, state and federal authorities now in force, or which may hereafter be in force, pertaining to the use of the premises, as well as all subdivision, community, or condominium rules. No loud or boisterous conduct will be tolerated. The leaseholder is responsible for the behavior and actions of all occupants.
All monies are placed in an interest bearing rental account, and all interest earned is the property of RSI Rentals, Inc.
Limited Damage Waiver/Refundable Security Deposits
2. If a $300.00 refundable Security Deposit is chosen, the leaseholder will be charged for any damages to the unit and such things as: missing items, additional cleaning, carpet stains, over-occupancy, moving furniture, late check-out, failure to leave keys, trash left in unit, grills left dirty, etc. Any damages exceeding the $300.00 security deposit will be charged to the credit card on file. The units are cleaned and inspected after each departure. We ask that you please inspect the unit upon your arrival and report any concerns or damages immediately. All security deposits are returned on or before the 15th of the following month after your departure date.
1. Check-in begins at 3:00 pm. Housekeeping and staff needs adequate time to prepare the home for your arrival. We know you are excited for your vacation, but please do not arrive at the home early, or ask for an early check-in. No members of your party are allowed to be on the property before check-in. Upon arrival, you will receive a packet with keys to your rental home, directions, and pertinent information.
2. If you will be arriving after 5:00 pm, please call our office for after-hours check-in instructions.
1. Check-out is 10:00 a.m. NO EXCEPTIONS! These times must be strictly adhered to so that the unit can be prepared for the next guest. Failure to depart on time may result in additional cleaning charges.
2. Please leave all keys inside the unit, UNLESS you have been instructed otherwise. Failure to leave keys may result in a $30 per key charge.
3. Please remove all trash from the unit and the property. Instructions will be given to you for trash disposal, and/or directions to the nearest trash collection site. Failure to remove all trash will result in a $10.00 per bag charge to your account.
4. Additional departure instructions/checklist is included in your arrival packet.
Arriving at the Home
All properties are supplied with standard items, which include:
1. Dishes, pots/pans, utensils, flatware, glassware, coffee maker, and toaster.
2. Air Conditioning, Microwave, Dishwasher and Washer & Dryer unless specified.
Our I-bedroom efficiency condos offer a small kitchenette with no dishwasher and have on site laundry facilities.
3. Pillows, Blankets, Comforters/Bedspreads are provided. Linens (Sheets and Bath Towels) are provided through a Linen Service and will be delivered to the home before arrival. Making of the beds is guest responsibility. If you opted out of the linen service, you will need to bring your own sheets and towels.
4. TV’s, OVO/Blueray/VCR, Cable, Satellite TV, Internet, Recreational Game Systems, Grills, Porch Furniture, Hot Tubs, and Docks are furnished as a courtesy by the owner and not guaranteed.
5. Internet -Because of limited availability in our area, not all properties offer internet service. If available, data and speed limitations will apply. Please refrain from music/video streaming and down/uploading to limit usage. If TV or internet service is interrupted, we will make every effort to correct the problem but cannot guarantee replacement or repair. Refunds will not be given due to interruptions. If internet is a necessity during your stay, guests should be prepared with a personal HotSpot.
6. Other amenities for each home are listed in the individual home description.
1. If you opted out of the linen service, you will need to bring your own sheets and towels. Paper products (toilet paper, paper towels), trash bags, bath toiletries, and detergents are not supplied.
2. We suggest you bring charcoal (if charcoal grill), beach towels, beach chairs, folding chairs, water toys, and any specialty cooking items.
Swimming Pools/Tennis Courts
1. The leaseholder acknowledges that the premises are in good order and repair at the time of occupancy, unless otherwise reported upon check in. Just like your own home, unexpected breakdowns or malfunctions may occur. During your stay, please report maintenance issues to our office immediately. For emergency maintenance please call the after hours numbers provided in your arrival packet. Our staff will address the situation immediately; however, refunds will not be issued due to malfunctioning equipment, mechanical failures, or other guest dissatisfaction. If a service call is deemed unnecessary, or a maintenance repair is needed as result of Guest actions, the cost will be charged to your account.
2. Advertised amenities are not guaranteed and may not be available at your time of visit. A pool, hot tub, internet, etc. may be down for maintenance. There will no refunds due to an amenity not being available. We realize you may have chosen your property based on amenities and we will do our best to make sure they are available and working, but due to our rural location, sometimes it is out of our control.
3. RSI Rentals, the Owner and Agents shall have the right to enter the premises in case of emergency, to make repairs and/or improvements, or supply services.
All units are waterfront and have a boat slip, guest slip, or private dock, unless otherwise stated.
2. A guest slip means that a number of units have use of a community dock, and availability of the slips would be first come first serve.
3. A private dock is accessible only to the occupants of the home, and may accommodate 1 or 2 boats depending on the size. Guests may use floating or stationary docks to tie up boats. Covered slips with electric lifts are for owner use only, unless otherwise stated. An owner’s boat may be in the lift of the covered slip, and is not available for guest’s use. Please do not disturb or board the boat. OPERATION OF ELECTRIC LIFTS AT THE DOCK IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Damage to a dock and/or electric lift from unauthorized use will be the sole financial responsibility of the leaseholder. Electricity and lights at the dock is not guaranteed.
HAVE A SAFE, HAPPY, AND MEMORABLE VACATION!!