1. All reservations are subject to Virginia sales tax of 5.3% and a 7% Bedford County or 5% Franklin County accommodation tax. Taxes are subject to change without notice, and any increases in taxes will be added to the rental amount. Cleaning, Reservation Fee, Taxes, a $65.00 Non-Refundable Limited Damage Waiver (or $300 Refundable Security Deposit), and Linens will be added to the rental amount when calculating the total amount due. Other added fees may include Pet Fees and Hot Tub Service Charge if applicable.
2. The leaseholder must be 25 years of age or older, and must occupy the property for the duration of the lease. Non-chaperoned groups are not allowed. A valid picture ID may be requested upon check-in. Should a group misrepresent themselves, they will be evicted immediately without refund.
3. Once a reservation is made and payment is processed, it becomes legal and binding. The contract is then subject to our cancellation policy.
4. Advance Reservations: Reservations for the next calendar year can be made; however, please be aware that the reservation is subject to change. Current advertised rates are for this year only, and may not be the same for next year. Owners have until the end of the current year to confirm their rates, fees, amenities and availability for next year. You will be notified the following January of any changes and will have the option to confirm or cancel your reservation. If you choose to cancel, you will be subject to a $100 cancellation fee.
1. The maximum number of persons allowed in the vacation home is listed at the bottom of this agreement. Occupancy is determined by county mandated regulations. Children are counted in total occupancy unless they are age two (2) or under. Occupancy represents the total number of people allowed to occupy the property at all times. Any party exceeding this number of occupants may cause eviction without refund of any monies paid. Parties and Events are not allowed.
2. All occupants shall comply with all statutes, ordinances and requirements of all municipal, state and federal authorities now in force, or which may hereafter be in force, pertaining to the use of the premises, as well as all subdivision, community, or condominium rules. No loud or boisterous conduct will be tolerated. The leaseholder is responsible for the behavior and actions of all occupants, parties and events are not permitted.
1. When a reservation is made, one half of the total reservation amount due, plus the security deposit or limited damage waiver, is required to be placed on a credit card. The balance must be paid in full 30 days prior to your arrival date. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, personal checks or money orders for payment of balances due. A $50.00 fee will be charged for all returned checks. If full payment is not received at least 30 days prior to arrival, the leaseholder agrees that the reservation balance will be charged to the credit card on file. At this time, if we are unsuccessful in collecting final payment, the reservation will be cancelled and subject to our cancellation policy.
All monies are placed in an interest bearing rental account, and all interest earned is the property of RSI Rentals, Inc.
All cancellations must be in writing. All monies paid are non-refundable if a reservation is canceled and we are unable to re-rent the unit. If we are able to re-rent the unit and secure the same monies for the property owner, all monies paid by the canceling party will be refunded less a $100.00 cancellation fee. Please review all unit information and make your selection carefully, as transfers are not permitted. Refunds are not given for late arrival, early departure, or weather related events or evacuations. We suggest protecting your vacation with travel insurance.
RSI Rentals Inc. makes every effort to guarantee the availability of your chosen unit. If, however, the unit becomes unavailable for reasons beyond our control, we reserve the right to transfer you to comparable accommodations.
Limited Damage Waiver/Refundable Security Deposits
1. The $65.00 Non-Refundable Limited Damage waiver covers guests up to $1,500.00 in damages to the rental property as a result of ACCIDENTAL OR INADVERTENT acts or ommissions. Acts of destruction, INTENTIONAL theft, or disrespect of the property resulting in damages and/or additional cleaning, as well as failure to remove trash,
grills left dirty, and damages caused by pets are not covered by the Limited Damage Waiver and will result in additional charges to your account. All damages must be reported PRIOR to departure to be covered by the Damage Waiver. Any damages not reported before departure will be charged to your account.
2. If a $300.00 refundable Security Deposit is chosen, the leaseholder will be charged for any damages to the unit and such things as: missing items, additional cleaning, carpet stains, over-occupancy, moving furniture, late check-out, failure to leave keys, trash left in unit, grills left dirty, etc. Any damages exceeding the $300.00 security deposit will be charged to the credit card on file. The units are cleaned and inspected after each departure. We ask that you please inspect the unit upon your arrival and report any concerns or damages immediately. All security deposits are returned on or before the 15th of the following month after your departure date.
1. Check-in begins at 4:00 pm. Housekeeping and staff needs adequate time to prepare the home for your arrival. We know you are excited for your vacation, but please do not arrive at the home early, or ask for an early check-in. No members of your party are allowed to be on the property before check-in. Your account may be charged $50 for every 30 minutes you are found to be at the property early without
permission from our office.
2. We have transitioned to a contactless check-in process for the safety of our guests and staff. Closer to your arrival date, you will receive a door/lock box code for your home and will be instructed to go straight to the property instead of our office.
If you will be arriving after office hours, please call us as soon as possible to let us know so that we may provide after hours pick up instructions.
1. Check-out is 10:00 a.m. NO EXCEPTIONS! These times must be strictly adhered to so that the unit can be prepared for the next guest. Failure to depart on time may result in additional cleaning charges/penalties.
2. Please leave all keys inside the unit, UNLESS you have been instructed otherwise. Failure to leave keys may result in a $30 per key charge.
3. You MUST remove all trash from the unit and the property. Instructions are given for trash disposal, and/or directions to the nearest trash collection site. Failure to remove all trash or follow directions given will result in a minimum $150 charge to your account.
4. Additional departure instructions/checklist is included in your arrival packet.
Arriving at the Home
On arrival, if anything is found unsatisfactory, please report it to our office immediately. We will make every effort to remedy any situation, or dissatisfaction, as soon as it is reported. However, please do not expect a refund or transfer.
Please park vehicles in driveways or designated parking areas. No parking in the road or grass. The maximum number of vehicles allowed is specified for each unit. Parking in unallowable areas, or exceeding the number of vehicles may result in towing at the leaseholder’s expense. Campers and RV’s are not allowed. Boat trailers are not allowed to be parked on the property unless specified. Boat trailers should be parked at the marina where the boat is launched.
NO SMOKING! Smoking is prohibited inside all of our homes and some are 100% Smoke Free Premises. If smoking outside, all smoking material must be disposed of and removed from the property. Violations will result in a fine of $300.00 and/or possible eviction.
Pets are NOT allowed at any home unless it is listed as a “Pet Friendly”, “Pets Allowed” or “Pets Considered”. ALL PETS must be approved beforehand, and applicable pet fees paid. A $20 per night, per pet (2 pets maximum) will be added to your reservation, unless a different pet fee is stated by the owner (flat fee). If the home is listed as “Pets Not Allowed”, then NO PETS are allowed on the premises or inside the unit at ANY time. All approved pets must be on leash at all times and waste pick-up and removal is a must! Pets may not be left in homes unattended. If pets are reported in a unit without permission, the pet must be removed immediately, the guest may be subject to a $300.00 charge and/or possible eviction from the home.
All units are individually owned and furnished to the Owner’s preference. Every effort has been made to ensure that our descriptions, rates and amenities are accurate. However, we cannot be held responsible for changes made by Owners. Rates, descriptions, and property amenities listed on our website or other advertising material, and/or in the rental agreement are SUbject to change without notice. Omissions, additions, printing errors and/or changes in property bedding, furnishings, equipment, etc., may occur and RSI Rentals, Inc. is not responsible and no refund will be offered for such.
What is Provided
All properties are supplied with standard items, which include:
1. Dishes, pots/pans, utensils, flatware, glassware, coffee maker, and toaster.
2. Air Conditioning, Microwave, Dishwasher and Washer & Dryer unless specified. Our 1-bedroom efficiency condos offer a small kitchenette with no dishwasher and have on site laundry facilities.
3. Pillows, Blankets, Comforters/Bedspreads are provided. Linens (Sheets and Towels) are provided through a Linen Service and will be delivered to the home before arrival. Making of the beds is guest responsibility. If you opted out of the linen service, you will need to bring your own sheets and towels, as they will not be provided.
4. TV’s, DVD/Blueray/VCR, Cable, Satellite TV, Internet, Recreational Game Systems, Grills, Porch Furniture, Hot Tubs, and Docks are furnished as a courtesy by the owner and not guaranteed.
5. Internet – Because of limited availability in our area, not all properties offer internet service. If available, data and speed limitations may apply. Please refrain from music/video streaming and down/uploading to limit usage. If TV or internet service is interrupted, we will make every effort to correct the problem but cannot guarantee replacement or repair. Refunds will not be given due to interruptions.
6. Other amenities for each home are listed in the individual home description.
What You Need To Bring
1. If you opted out of the linen service, you will need to bring your own sheets and towels. Paper products (toilet paper, paper towels), trash bags, bath toiletries, and detergents are not supplied.
2. We suggest you bring charcoal (if charcoal grill), beach towels, beach chairs, folding chairs, water toys, and any specialty cooking items.
Most homes are furnished with a gas grill, unless charcoal or electric grill is specified. Most condo associations prohibit gas grills. Gas grill propane tanks are filled at the beginning of the season; if they are empty, we are not responsible for refill. Please refill what you use and clean the grill as a courtesy to the next guest. Please, no charcoal in gas grills. Grills left dirty may result in a $25.00 charge.
If a hot tub is provided, it is to be used at your own risk. A professional technician services all hot tubs between guest departure and arrival. Instructions for proper use are posted at the home and in the arrival packet. Please read and follow these instructions. If there are any problems during your stay, please call the office immediately. An additional charge to your account will occur if extra cleaning/servicing is required after your stay, and any damages, negligence or improper use is reported.
Swimming Pools/Tennis Courts
Some of our homes are located in communities that allow guest access to swimming pools and tennis courts. Please read and follow all posted instructions. If a pass or key is required to use these amenities, these will be provided in the arrival packet or left inside the home. Please return these to the proper place after your stay. The community provides these amenities, not the owner of the home or RSI Rentals Inc. Therefore, we provide no guarantee of the condition, operating hours, availability, etc. of them, and will offer no refund for such.
1. The leaseholder acknowledges that the premises are in good order and repair at the time of occupancy, unless otherwise reported upon check in. Just like your own home, unexpected breakdowns or malfunctions may occur. During your stay, please report maintenance issues to our office immediately. For emergency maintenance please call the after hours numbers provided in your arrival packet. Our staff will address the situation immediately; however, refunds will not be issued due to malfunctioning equipment, mechanical failures, or other guest dissatisfaction. If a service call is deemed unnecessary, or a maintenance repair is needed as result of Guest actions, the cost will be charged to your account.
2. Advertised amenities are not guaranteed and may not be available at your time of visit. A pool, hot tub, internet, etc. may be down for maintenance. There will no refunds due to an amenity not being available. We realize you may have chosen your property based on amenities and we will do our best to make sure they are available and working, but due to our rural location, sometimes it is out of our control.
3. RSI Rentals, the Owner and Agents shall have the right to enter the premises in case of emergency, to make repairs and/or improvements, or supply services.
All units are waterfront and have a boat slip, guest slip, or private dock, unless otherwise stated.
1. A boat slip means that the property has access to one slip. It is
normally an uncovered slip. Please use the boat slip assigned to your unit.
2. A guest slip means that a number of units have use of a community dock, and availability of the slips would be first come first serve.
3. A private dock is accessible only to the occupants of the home, and may accommodate 1 or 2 boats depending on the size. Guests may use floating or stationary docks to tie up boats. Covered slips with electric lifts are for owner use only, unless otherwise stated. An owner’s boat may be in the lift of the covered slip, and is not available for guest’s use. Please do not disturb or board the boat. OPERATION OF ELECTRIC LIFTS AT THE DOCK IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Damage to a dock and/or electric lift from unauthorized use will be the sole financial responsibility of the leaseholder. Electricity and lights at the dock is not guaranteed.
HAVE A SAFE, HAPPY, AND MEMORABLE VACATION!!